Monday, January 12, 2015

The Personal Wedding Ceremony

I get to have a lot of fun at my job.  I mean, where else are you going to be with two people at their happiest, in love and full of excitement for the future?

Nothing is as much fun for me as connecting to a couple and making their ceremony personal. I’ve always been interested in stories. Hearing all about how a couple met and fell in love is one of the many things that makes job so special. Some stories are simple, some are long and complicated, but every single one makes the storytellers get The Look. You know the one – the soft, dreamy expression on a woman, the warm, loving eyes on a man. It’s my favorite perk to be able to watch that moment. Then I get the icing on the cake, getting to learn about the love they share. From the stories my couples tell me, I pull out special details that make the moment personal.



Every couple I work with gets a questionnaire – or just a questioning! - from me. The questions are optional, of course, and not everyone wants to answer them. For those couple who value the bespoke ceremony, it’s one of the best ways to find some details. If you have only three words to describe your fiancée, what are they? Almost everyone tells me why without me even having to ask – and the whys are where the good stuff comes in. One of my grooms recently wrote,

. . . Our love of life together. Wanting to explore the world. Enjoying the little things in life together. Our appreciation and beliefs. Lisa being an independent individual with passions of her own. Even though she's a mom, she has a life outside of that. And I love that she is an artist. Passionate. Vibrant. Intelligent.”




You can see how lovely it will be to work that into the ceremony. I have written in so many of the things that truly matter, so the bride and groom will both feel that special moment when they are united. Part of what I will say will look like this:

. . . He loves her for her passionate nature, the way she gets so much out of life, and her artistry. It is a blessing to see two people so in love, and so ready for all the living they will do together. These two people are very clearly partners, equals, as well as lovers and friends.”

I can’t wait to see the guests’ faces when these two get married! I’m going to have to rehearse for a week just to make sure I don’t get choked up!

This is the kind of ceremony that makes Charmed Life Ceremonies something above and beyond; memorable. Bring your story to your wedding is one of the best ways to set it apart from every other wedding your guests have been to.  If you don't hear compliments, they weren't listening!  I will look forward to working with you to create your own perfect wedding ceremony.

Love,

Holly





No comments:

Post a Comment